So its been a REALLy long time since I've last updated you guys. BUT (its not gramatically correct to beign a sentence with the word but, BUT just ignore), I have been sooooo busy. Anyhoooo, here is a run down of stuff that's been occupying my time/mind:
1. I attended the 7th UNEP Global Civil Society Forum in Dubai. It was such a wonderful experience. I met so many wonderful people from other NGOs and made lots of new contacts as well as some promises for future ESO project funding *fingers crossed*.
The only negative was that it was the first time I left Faisal alone and it was awful!
2. The Muscatis was voted #1 Omani blog ;) (Just wanted to say it again, hehe).
3. My friend was attending a workshop in Dubai and got a marriage proposal from one of the other participants! My friend, who is married with kids, very politely informed him of this rather unfortunate (for him) obstacle. Mr. Participant says, its ok I'm married as well. Naturally, my friend was speechless. And just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, he says to her, you can divorce your husband and marry me, I promise I'll make you happy.
4. Al Awadhi was here from Kuwait to give a couple of lectures. I missed them :(
5. I'm trying to get Faisool to crawl but he doesn't seem to be too keen. He is quite content with just rolling over and looking cute. I'm also trying to instill in him good manners and social responsibility, so I drag him with me everywhere (Breakfast with my friends, visiting relatives, visiting anyone who is sick, supermarket shopping, etc). Soon I'll take him with me to ESO and possibly a beach cleanup. And, high five to me and my husband, we have him in bed by 8pm maximum :) *Mashallah*
6. Construction on our house is yet to start. Partly my fault. I found that in the construction drawings there was a column in the second floor family lounge! A column! I hate columns. I specifically told them no columns. Anyhow, they had to recalculate all the balances again and it had to be re submitted for approval. Its ok though, I don't mind the delay as much as I would have minded a column in the middle of our lounge.
7. I love the Shangri-La. I want to be on their board. I'm sure they need an environmental perspective (although they seem to be doing fine). Mux told me they don't have a board and burst my bubble.
8. My car agency called me saying that it must be time for my service. My last service was at 90000. Next service is at 105000. I just hit 100000. Its been over a year. I need to drive it around more often.
9. Saw Memoirs of a Geisha. Although I liked it, I have to say, the book was SO much better.
10. I missed the female bloggers get together :( I only saw the email after I got back from Dubai, and just couldn't make it. What a shame! Big hello to all you female bloggers whom I missed meeting.
And thats a wrap!